Thursday, February 5, 2009

How to remove the Navbar on your Blog

I am very happy to say that I have received numerous emails in regards to my Google Apps presentation at the 2009 eTech Ohio Educational Tech. Conf. (see Google Pres. below the video) I've had quite a few email me about disabling the NavBar. Below is a great YouTube video that will walk you through how to disable the NavBar Search. Not that we don't love this feature, but from experience, I know this discourages plenty of teachers and educators from creating classroom blogs. I also included below the written instructions for those of us that aren't visual learners :)
*note, once you disable the bar you will need to go to www.blogger.com to sign into your dashboard for editing. *
Please comment back if you have ANY questions. Have fun!

1. Open your Blogger dashboard.
2. Go to your blog’s Layout settings > Edit HTML
3. Look for:
/* Variable definitions
====================
4. And above that add:
#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }
5. Make sure to save your settings and open your blog now. The navigation bar will be gone.
6. To show that this works, take a look at the top of my blog, no search bar :)


No comments:

My Local Weather


Please take a few moments to complete my surveys. I value your input!

Podcast Survey

Do you know what a podcast is? Have you ever listened to one or made your own?
Yes, and I have listened to one and made my own
Yes, I have listened, but never made my own
Yes, but never listened to one or made my own
Somewhat, but not really
No, I have no idea what a podcast is

Click above to vote

RSS Survey

Do you know what RSS is? Do you subscribe to feeds?
Yes, and I subscribe to feeds
Yes, but do not subscribe to any
Somewhat, but not very familiar
No, I have no idea what RSS is

Click above to vote

Blog Survey

Do you have a blog? Have you ever posted on a blog?
Yes, I have one and have posted to a blog
Yes, I have one but don't know how to post to others
No, I don't have one, but do post to one
No, I do not have one and have no idea what one is

Click above to vote

Google Calendar